The Cromford® Report provides detailed information to track the history and current status of the Greater Phoenix residential resale market and offers unique insight into its future direction.
Updated daily and usually published online within a few hours, this site is intended for anyone interested in the state of the market and how it affects their investments and livelihood. Our goal is to present data that is timely, informative and easy to understand - data not available anywhere else in this level of detail or immediacy.
|Snapshot||City Ranking||Dashboard||Daily Observations||News & Commentary||Infographic||Cromford Index|
January 27 - A new market update presentation has been added to the Downloads section.
January 23 - A new section has been added to the downloads - reports from moving companies about inbound and outbound migration
December 16 - We have added a set of gauges showing the Cromford® Market Index, Demand Index and Supply Index for the 29 major and secondary cities. You can find them here.
December 10 - Four new downloads have been added to the presentation section.
November 15 - We have added 2 new versions of our dashboards:
- Listing Presentation Dashboard - with square foot filter replacing the list price filter
- Market Conditions Dashboard - with square foot filter replacing the list price filter
These can be very useful in explaining the state of the market. Using square foot to narrow the study has the advantage of using something that does not change much for a specific house. List prices are moving up so fast at the moment that price ranges become a moving target. However we have kept the old versions of the dashboard so you can still use the price filter if you wish to.
Left to right:
- Asel Nelson, Tina Tamboer, Mike Orr, Sophie Orr
The content of the Cromford® Report is provided on a subscription basis to ARMLS subscribers. To access it for the first time you need to sign-up and obtain a user ID and password.
ARMLS Subscription - if you are already an active subscriber to the Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service
Please click on the underlined link above to sign-up.
If you are already signed-up you may select any part of this site from the menu at the left and then enter your user ID and password when prompted. You can also manage your account, log-in or log-out from the Subscriptions tab on the left.
If you ever have difficulty logging in, please try the Subscriptions -> Log-In menu item at the top left.
The Cromford® Report is designed to help you answer your questions about the Greater Phoenix residential real estate market. For example:
- How does today's market compare with the same time last year?
- Which price range is selling fastest over the last month?
- Which is the cheapest area to buy a resale home?
- How long is it taking to sell a home in my ZIP code?
- What is the balance of supply and demand for resale homes in my city?
- What proportion of homes for sale are short sales or pre-foreclosures?
- Where are prices changing fastest?
- What percentage of listings are finding a buyer before they are canceled or expire?
- Are today's list prices realistic compared with achieved sales prices?
You can find tools to help you answer all the above questions, and many more, within the Cromford® Report web-site.