The Cromford Report™ provides detailed information to track the history and current status of the Greater Phoenix residential resale market and offers unique insight into its future direction.
Updated daily and usually published online within a few hours, this site is intended for anyone interested in the state of the market and how it affects their investments and livelihood. Our goal is to present data that is timely, informative and easy to understand - data not available anywhere else in this level of detail or immediacy.
|Snapshot||City Ranking||Dashboard||Daily Observations||News & Commentary||Cromford Index|
- June 10 - The April 2013 Greater Phoenix Housing Report for the W P carey School of Business is available here.
- May 3 - The March 2013 Greater Phoenix Housing Report for the W P Carey School of Business is available here.
- May 2 - A new presentation download is available here, based on the "State of the State of Real Estate" event by Security Title.
- April 10 - A chart showing loan delinquency percentages by state using LPS data has been added here.
- March 29 - A new interactive map showing Active Listings in Maricopa and Pinal counties is available in the map section here.
- March 29 - The February 2013 Greater Phoenix Housing Report for the W P Carey School of Business is available here.
The content of the Cromford Report™ is provided on a subscription basis to ARMLS subscribers. To access it for the first time you need to sign-up and obtain a user ID and password.
ARMLS Subscription - if you are already an active subscriber to the Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service
Please click on the underlined link above to sign-up.
If you are already signed-up you may select any part of this site from the menu at the left and then enter your user ID and password when prompted. You can also manage your account, log-in or log-out from the Subscriptions tab on the left.
|Annual Sales $/SF||$81.73||record low||11/21/11|
|Annual Sales $/SF as % Peak||44.3%||record low||11/21/11|
|Appreciation - Long Term $/SF||-1.5%||record low||11/1/11|
|Average Price - Annual Sales||$156,952||record low||11/21/11|
|Average Price - Monthly Sales||$151,018||record low||9/5/11|
|Median Price - Monthly Sales||$107,000||record low||2/24/11|
|Monthly Sales $/SF||$78.82||record low||9/15/11|
|Monthly Sales $/SF as % Peak||41.4%||record low||9/15/11|
|Pending Listings $/SF||$77.59||record low||8/20/11|
These are based on the current millennium (2001 onwards). The figures shown are for the entire ARMLS area and all dwelling types are included. For-sale-by-owner, auctions and other non-MLS transactions are not included. For more detailed information on record highs and lows please see the Extremes section.
September 5, 2011 is our confirmed lowest monthly average sale price and September 15, 2011 saw the lowest monthly average sales $/SF. Since September 15, 2011 all readings have been higher for both these measures.
Our lowest median sales price was recorded on February 24, 2011.
With prices in the market having moved much higher during the last 18 months there have been no new records set since November 21, 2011.
The Cromford Report is designed to help you answer your questions about the Greater Phoenix residential real estate market. For example:
- How does today's market compare with the same time last year?
- Which price range is selling fastest over the last month?
- In which city are REO buyers most active right now?
- Which is the cheapest area to buy a resale home?
- How long is it taking to sell a home in my ZIP code?
- What is the balance of supply and demand for resale homes in my city?
- What proportion of homes for sale are short sales or pre-foreclosures?
- Where are prices changing fastest?
- What percentage of listings are finding a buyer before they are canceled or expire?
- Are today's list prices realistic compared with achieved sales prices?
You can find tools to help you answer all the above questions, and many more, within the Cromford Report web-site.